Tuesday, November 3, 2009

What is this about? The short answer

I have written a proposal that I hope will chart a path to sustainable film (production) financing in the State of North Carolina. It has already received some encouraging responses from folks inside The UNC System who would be instrumental in its implementation. If you want to know a bit of the back story and reasoning that lead me to write this proposal I’ve posted that below in the section called What is this about? The long form. But the short explanation is, if we do not become the origination point for at least some of the projects that are shot here, we will be forever be dependent on things beyond our control for our livelihoods. It’s been that way for 20 years and we have to do something about it. If putting this proposal out for public discussion starts a debate that eventually leads to a solution then this effort will have been worth while. But I think this proposal could work, so I’m inviting you to read it, make comments and ask questions. And please share it with anyone you known who's been part NC production community, regardless of where they are now.

Thanks for taking the time,
Steve Fox

When commenting please include your name and your usual position in production if you don't mind. But if you're not comfortable with that please feel free to comment anyway.

By the way, I’m no body’s idea of a blogger. I’m flying by the seat of my pants. And I have a day job. So bear with me while I figure this out. I may be slow to respond but I’ll get there eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment